Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Cinema City

  1. #11
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    Have they improved the projectors?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    with hollywood going 3-d they need a 3d screen!!!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    The theater at the Fort Henry Mall was running Clash of the Titans in 3-D, but I wasn't going to pay 11 dollars for it. Earlier post about the projectors at Cinema City....did notice that the picture was a little dark.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    I've been to Norton Cinema seven or eight times. I have yet to see a good picture. The first couple of flicks I saw there were barely watchable. The last trip produced a small amount of improvement.

    I'll only go there in a pinch. Would rather go to Kingsport. Projectors are much much better.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSilentBob View Post
    I've been to Norton Cinema seven or eight times. I have yet to see a good picture. The first couple of flicks I saw there were barely watchable. The last trip produced a small amount of improvement.

    I'll only go there in a pinch. Would rather go to Kingsport. Projectors are much much better.
    +1 i went in expecting the digital picture i had heard so much about and instead got a dark screen with a barely watchable movie. it is a great facility, everyone that works there seems to be friendly, but the picture quality leaves much to be desired IMO. Hopefully in a few years they can put that on their list of things to do.
    Cant we all just get along?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    what theatre do you guys think is best in Kingsport?

    the one at Fort Henry?


    and what is the closest theatre that shows the UFC fights? The UFC has started showing their fights on theatres across the states, anyone know the closest one?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    I think the one in Abingdon does.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    i have no problem with the cinema in Norton. I've had to go ask them to focus the picture a couple times but other than that, no problem
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    The Cinemall in Abingdon is the only one that I know of showing the UFC fights. I dont think Tri-Cities 7 is still open anymore but I used to like their setup real well.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #20
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema City

    Cinema City is a joke. Worst picture I've seen in a theater in quite some time. I'd pay the extra money at Fort Henry Mall or Abingdon any day of the week.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •